What does our PTO do for our children, parents, and staff?
Thanks to your generous support we are able to provide funding for:
* Each teacher $300 to help purchase classroom and educational materials
* Principals, Teacher aides, custodians, cafeteria staff and school nurses receive a stipend
* Outdoor Learning Lab and the Winfield Picnic Shelter to enhance the learning environment for students.
* Provide prizes and certificates for classroom “Students of the Month” to help boost student confidence and morale.
* Pay the registration fees for Spell Bowl, Math Bowl, Science Olympiad, Geography Bowl, and National Elementary Honor Society.
* Provide Family Fun Nights by hosting family friendly events that the families of our students can enjoy. The organization makes these events economical for families by subsidizing the programs.
* Pay for guest authors to visit the school and meet with students.
* Provide babysitting at all PTO meetings so that parents can be involved and stay informed about upcoming events.
* Orange juice and pencils are provided to students by the PTO during ISTEP tests.
* Red Ribbon Week is funded and staffed by the PTO. The program educates students about the dangers of drug use and encourages them to stay drug-free.
* The memorable 5th Grade Dance for students “graduating” from Jerry Ross is subsidized by the PTO.
* Multi-Cultural learning for all grades is funded by the PTO.
* Special Person’s Day is organized, staffed and funded by the PTO. The organization provides invitations and refreshments for the event.
* Challenge Day/Field Day is funded by the PTO. Refreshments and prizes are provided by the organization.
* The Accelerated Reading Store is funded by the PTO. The organization provides funds for books and student incentives.
The PTO enhances your child’s education experience!