Robert A. Taft Middle School
Four Star School
Spell Bowl Team
- 2016-2017 - Placed 1st at Regionals and 3rd at the State Competition
- 2015-2016 - Placed 1st at Regionals and 4th at the State Competition
- 2014-2015 - Placed 2nd at Regionals and 11th at the State Competition
Academic Super Bowl
- 2015-2016 - Top scoring team in Class 1 Division for Region; Math - 2nd place in Region; Interdisciplinary Team - 2nd Place in Region; Social Studies Team - 1st Place in region; Science Team - 1st Place in Region.
- 2014-2015 - Science team placed 1st at Regionals & 14th at State; Math Team placed 2nd at Regionals; English Team placed 3rd at Regionals
- 201-2017 - 3rd Place at Regionals
- 2014-2015 - 4th at Regionals and five events placed in the top three at the State Competition
- Had a 6th grade student qualify for the State Geography Bee
- Supplies for GI's: Donate requested items to send to local servicemen and women stationed overseas
- Raised over $1000 for Riley's Children's Hospital for 4 years, making Taft Middle school a "Miracle School"
- Sponsored two children through the Save the Children Foundation
- Developed the "Teachers Care" philanthropic group
- 2014-2015 - Sponsors "Hoops for Hearts" for the American Heart Assoc. Taft was the highest fund raising middle school in the state of Indiana, and the 2nd highest fund raising school in the state.
- "Bulldog Beach Bash" has raised funds for Taft's PTA Endowment Fund that has increased to over $47,000. Three scholarships were awarded to Taft students graduating from Crown Point High School
- CPEA Team for Relay for life
- Scott Reid - 2011 Teacher of Excellence
- Julie Woodburn - 2010 Teacher of Excellence
- "Adopt a Family" for the holidays, donates food and clothing
- Sponsors an annual food drive to support the local food pantry
National Junior Honor Society
- Food drive for St. Vincent de Paul food pantry
- "Trick or Treat for Unicef"
- "Hats on Day" raises money for the American Cancer Society
- "Socks for Vets" Collected new socks for the Veteran's Administration in Crown Point
- 2016-2017 - ISSMA Solo and Ensemble won 142 Gold medals
- 2015-2016 - ISSMA Solo and Ensemble won 38 Gold medals